To foreshow to foretoken
- suggest, much like an indicator or an omen
- start in a manner calculated to create good luck
- To foreshow; to foretoken.
- to offer a good move to in commencing; to inaugurate; -- an awareness based on the Roman practice of using the auspicium, or assessment of birds, before doing any important company.
be an auspicious sign of.
- (v. t.) To foreshow; to foretoken.
- (v. t.) To give a good turn to in commencing; to inaugurate; -- a sense produced from the Roman training of taking the auspicium, or examination of birds, before doing any crucial company.