A word which expresses with augmented force the theory and/or properties associated with the term from which it is derived as dullard one extremely dull Opposed to diminutive
- getting the quality or energy of augmenting revealing enhancement
- increasing or having the capacity to boost especially in size or amount or level
- intensifying by enhancement and enhancement
- getting the quality or power of augmenting; expressing augmentation.
- a word which expresses with augmented power the theory or perhaps the properties of term that it is derived; as, dullard, one extremely dull. Opposed to diminutive.
c.1500, from Middle French augmentatif (14c.), from Latin augmentat-, stem of augmentare (see augment).
(a.) Having the quality or power of augmenting; expressing enlargement.
- (n.) A word which conveys with enhanced force the theory and/or properties for the term from which it's derived; as, dullard, one very lifeless. Against diminutive.
Copila, girl, vocative plur, copilelor), except when a diminutive or augmentative suffix is added; the accent then shifts to the suffix.