Of or with respect to athletes or even to the workouts practiced by them as athletic games or activities
- having a sturdy and well-proportioned body
- regarding or befitting athletics or athletes
- vigorously energetic
- Of or regarding professional athletes or to the workouts practiced by them; since, athletic games or sports.
- Befitting an athlete; powerful; muscular; sturdy; vigorous; since, athletic Celts.
1630s (athletical is from 1590s), "pertaining to an athlete," from Latin athleticus, from Greek athletikos, from athletes (see athlete). Meaning "powerful of human anatomy; vigorous; lusty; robust" [Johnson, which spells it athletick] is from 1650s.
(a.) Of or pertaining to athletes or to the workouts practiced by all of them; since, sports games or recreations.
- (a.) Befitting an athlete; powerful; muscular; sturdy; strenuous; since, athletic Celts.
He was standing in front of the mirror in his jeans and an athletic undershirt, shaving with a disposable razor.