In a situation of sleep in sleep dormant
- into the sleep of death
- into a sleeping state
- lacking sensation
- in a situation of rest
- In a state of sleep; in sleep; dormant.
- In the sleep for the grave; dead.
- Numbed, and, typically, tingling.
c.1200, aslepe, o sl
(a. & adv.) In circumstances of sleep; in sleep; dormant.
- (a. & adv.) In sleep regarding the grave; dead.
- (a. & adv.) Numbed, and, usually, tingling.
Acastus, to avenge his fancied wrongs, left Peleus asleep on Mount Pelion, having first hidden his famous sword.