The quality or principle of flowers or any other substances which comprises their scent acceptable odor while the aroma of coffee
- a distinctive odor that is pleasant
- any property detected because of the olfactory system
- the standard or principle of flowers or other substances which constitutes their fragrance; pleasant odor; as, the aroma of coffee.
- Fig.: The fine diffusive quality of intellectual energy; flavor; because, the subtile aroma of wizard.
very early 13c., "fragrant material," from Latin aroma "nice smell," from Greek aroma "seasoning, any spice or nice herb," which is of as yet not known source. Meaning "fragrance" is from 1814. A hypercorrect plural is aromata.
Odor or fragrance
- flavoring [Am.]
- flavor [Am.]
- flavouring [Br.]
- flavour [Br.]
- competition [characteristic flavor]
(letter.) The product quality or concept of flowers or other substances which constitutes their fragrance; pleasant smell; since, the aroma of coffee.
- (letter.) Fig.: The good diffusive top-notch intellectual energy; taste; because, the subtile aroma of genius.
To the chemical changes, mainly oxidation, which go on in this juice while it is exposed to the air, the characteristic aroma and flavour of Perique tobacco are mainly due.