The research of design
- Pertaining to a master builder or even architecture evincing skill in designing or construction constructive
- of or regarding building or design
- Alt. of Architectonical
- The technology of design.
- The work of organizing knowledge into something.
1670s (architectonical is from c.1600), "pertaining to structure," from Latin architectonicus, from Greek arkhitektonikos "pertaining to a master builder," from arkhitekton (see designer). Metaphysical good sense, "pertaining to systematization of real information," is from 1801.
(Kant) (Gr. architektonikos; Ger. Architektonik) The formal plan, structural design, or way of elucidation of a method. The architectonic of Kant's system rests through the entire standard distinctions of traditional reasoning. -- O.F.K.
(a.) Alt. of Architectonical
- (letter.) The research of architecture.
- (n.) The work of organizing understanding into something.