proceeding from or ordered by or susceptible to a pope and/or papacy thought to be the successor of this Apostles
- of or relating to or deriving from Apostles or their teachings
- related to an apostle, or even the apostles, their times, or their unusual nature; because, an apostolical goal; the apostolic age.
- based on the doctrines associated with the apostles; delivered or taught because of the apostles; as, apostolic faith or rehearse.
- Of or related to the pope or the papacy; papal.
(a.) regarding an apostle, or even the apostles, their particular times, or their strange character; as, an apostolical mission; the apostolic age.
- (a.) According to the doctrines associated with the apostles; delivered or taught by the apostles; since, apostolic belief or training.
- (a.) Of or related to the pope or even the papacy; papal.
But religious people could hardly be expected to see in the worldly prince-bishops of the Empire, or the wealthy courtier-prelates of France, the trustees of the apostolical tradition.