Of or regarding the period before the Deluge in Noahs time thus antiquated as an antediluvian car
- of or regarding the period before the biblical flood
- so incredibly old as seeming to are part of a youthful duration
- some of the early patriarchs just who existed ahead of the Noachian deluge
- a really old person
- Of or regarding the period prior to the Deluge in Noah's time; for this reason, antiquated; as, an antediluvian car.
- a person who existed prior to the Deluge.
"before Noah's flooding," 1640s, formed from Latin ante- "before" (see ante) + diluvium "a flood" (see deluge (n.)). Coined by English doctor Sir Thomas Browne (1605-1682). As a noun meaning "person just who lived ahead of the Flood," from 1680s.
(a.) Of or regarding the duration prior to the Deluge in Noah's time; ergo, antiquated; since, an antediluvian car.
- (letter.) A person who lived ahead of the Deluge.
Hernandez and Acosta shared the opinion of their time that the great fossil bones .found in Mexico were remains of giants, and that, as before the deluge there were giants on the earth, therefore Mexico was peopled from the Old World in antediluvian times.