Obliged to resolve prone to be known as to account prone to spend indemnify or make great accountable amenable responsible as an agent is answerable to his principal become answerable for a debt and for problems
- effective at becoming answered
- morally or lawfully responsible to an increased authority
- Obliged to answer; liable to be known as to account; prone to spend, indemnify, or make good; accountable; amenable; responsible; because, a real estate agent is answerable to his key; become answerable for a financial obligation, or even for problems.
- Capable of being answered or refuted; admitting a satisfactory answer.
- Correspondent; conformable; thus, similar.
- Proportionate; commensurate; appropriate; as, an success answerable towards planning for this.
- Equal; comparable; adequate.
"liable to-be held accountable," 1540s, from response (v.) + -able. Less-common meaning "able to be answered" is from 1690s.
(a.) Obliged to resolve; liable to be called to account; liable to spend, indemnify, or make great; accountable; amenable; responsible; because, an agent is answerable to their principal; become answerable for a debt, and for problems.
- (a.) effective at becoming answered or refuted; admitting an effective solution.
- (a.) Correspondent; conformable; hence, similar.
- (a.) Proportionate; commensurate; suitable; as, an achievement answerable into planning for it.
- (a.) Equal; comparable; adequate.
Now, if his use of the term was stricter than the customary use, he can hardly be held answerable for the latter.