Condition concerning ancestors ancestral lineage ergo beginning or honorable descent
- inherited properties distributed to other people of bloodline
- the descendants of one specific
- Condition on forefathers; ancestral lineage; for this reason, delivery or honorable descent.
- a number of ancestors or progenitors; lineage, or those whom compose the distinct all-natural descent.
early 14c., from Old French ancesserie "ancestry, ancestors, forefathers," from ancestre (see ancestor); spelling customized in English by impact of ancestor.
(letter.) Condition concerning forefathers; ancestral lineage; therefore, beginning or honorable lineage.
- (letter.) A number of forefathers or progenitors; lineage, or those who compose the type of all-natural lineage.
MARIA MITCHELL (1818-1889), American astronomer, was born of Quaker ancestry on the island of Nantucket on the 1st of August 1818.