having the power to live both on land as well as in water as frogs crocodiles beavers plus some plants
- relating to or feature of pets associated with the class Amphibia
- running or living on land and in liquid
- Having the ability to live both on land plus in water, as frogs, crocodiles, beavers, plus some flowers.
- Pertaining to, adapted for, or linked to, both land and liquid.
- Of a mixed nature; partaking of two natures.
1640s, from Greek amphibios "having a double life" (see amphibian). Of automobiles, from 1915.
(a.) Having the ability to live both on land and in liquid, as frogs, crocodiles, beavers, many plants.
- (a.) related to, adapted for, or connected with, both land and liquid.
- (a.) Of a mixed nature; partaking of two natures.
Of the principal families, the Acanthopterygii, which are abundant in the hotter parts of India, hardly enter the mountains, two genera only being found, of which one is the peculiar amphibious genus Ophiocephalus.