Having no determinate form of unusual shapeless
- lacking the machine or construction feature of living bodies
- having no definite type or distinct shape
- ambiguous because obscure or badly organized
- (of several individuals or a business) unorganized or unfocused
- without real or obvious crystalline form
- Having no determinate type; of unusual; shapeless.
- Without crystallization in the ultimate texture of a solid substance; uncrystallized.
- Of no certain type or personality; anomalous.
"shapeless," 1731, from contemporary Latin amorphus, from Greek amorphos "without type, shapeless, deformed," from a- "without" (see a- (3)) + morphe "form" (see Morpheus). Related: Amorphously; amorphousness.
(a.) Having no determinate form; of irregular; shapeless.
- (a.) Without crystallization within the ultimate surface of an excellent substance; uncrystallized.
- (a.) Of no particular type or character; anomalous.
It is a colourless, amorphous solid, which is almost insoluble in water, its solubility diminishing with increasing temperature; it is appreciably soluble in concentrated sulphuric acid.