nakedness made use of mainly within the expression ldquoin the altogetherrdquo
- altogether conjointly
- with every thing considered (and neglecting details)
- with everything included or counted
- casual terms for nakedness
- to an entire level or even to the total or entire level (`whole' is normally used informally for `wholly')
- completely; conjointly.
- Without exemption; completely; totally.
very early 13c., altogedere, a strengthened form of all (also see collectively); used in the sense of "an entire" from 1660s. The altogether "nude" is from 1894.
(adv.) Altogether; conjointly.
- (adv.) Without exemption; completely; totally.
Owen, and is not altogether trustworthy, while the restoration of some of the missing From Owen.