A stream or lake flowing into a larger river or into a lake a tributary stream
- moving to moving abundantly
- having an enormous method of getting cash or belongings of worth
- an affluent individual; an individual who is economically well off
- a branch that moves into the primary stream
- Flowing to; streaming abundantly.
- Abundant; copious; plenteous; ergo, wealthy; abounding in products or riches.
- A stream or river streaming into a bigger lake or into a lake; a tributary flow.
a stream or lake that flows into a bigger one; a tributary
mid-15c., "flowing," from center French affluent (14c.) or straight from Latin affluentem (nominative affluens) "flowing toward, abounding, rich, copious," present participle of affluere "flow toward," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + fluere "to circulation" (see fluent).
(a.) Flowing to; streaming amply.
- (a.) Abundant; copious; plenteous; ergo, wealthy; abounding in goods or riches.
- (n.) A stream or lake flowing into a larger river or into a lake; a tributary stream.
Above sea-level, and falls geographically into two parts separated by the Halys (Kizil Irmak), - a small eastern district lying chiefly in the basin of the Delije Irmak, the principal affluent of the Halys, and a large western region drained almost entirely by the Sangarius (Sakaria) and its tributaries.