A period of immeasurable length of time See Eon
- the longest unit of geological time
- an immeasurably long period of the time
- (Gnosticism) a divine energy or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing different functions within the operation for the world
- a time period of immeasurable length of time; additionally, an emanation associated with Deity. See Eon.
- An immeasurable or unlimited time; eternity; a long period of time; an age.
- the embodiments of this divine characteristics of this Endless Becoming.
1640s; see eon.
based on the Gnostics a being considered a subordinate heavenly energy derived from the Supreme becoming by a process of emanation. The totality of aeons formed the religious world that was intermediary between your Deity while the material world of sensible phenomena, that was held is evil. -- J.J.R.
(n.) An immeasurable or limitless time; eternity; a lengthy space of time; an age.
- (n.) One of several embodiments regarding the divine attributes for the endless becoming.
This same purpose, namely, to hold fast to the historic Jesus, triumphed in the doctrine of the Trinity; Jesus was not to be resolved into an aeon or into some mysterious tertium quid, neither God nor man, but to be recognized as very God who redeemed the soul.