what is used to adulterate any such thing
- any compound that lessens the purity or effectiveness of a substance
- making impure or corrupt by adding extraneous materials
- whatever is employed to adulterate something.
- Adulterating; because, adulterant representatives and operations.
(letter.) What is used to adulterate everything.
- (a.) Adulterating; since, adulterant representatives and processes.
Tartaric acid, which is sometimes present in large quantities as an adulterant in commercial citric acid, may be detected in the presence of the latter, by the production of a precipitate of acid potassium tartrate when potassium acetate is added to a cold solution.