The act of playing honor to a divine being the worship paid to God the act of addressing as a god
- a feeling of serious love and admiration
- the act of admiring highly
- the worship provided to Jesus alone
- The act of playing honor to a divine being; the worship compensated to God; the work of dealing with as a god.
- Homage compensated to a single in large esteem; powerful veneration; intense respect and love; fervent commitment.
- a technique of electing a pope by the phrase of homage from two-thirds associated with conclave.
the way in which Kristen feels about Timothy!!! :)
1540s, from center French adoration, from Latin adorationem (nominative adoratio) "worship, adoration," noun of action from past participle stem of adorare; see adore, the original feeling of which can be preserved in this word.
(letter.) The work of playing honor to a divine being; the worship paid to Jesus; the work of handling as a god.
- (letter.) Homage paid to 1 in large esteem; profound veneration; intense respect and love; fervent commitment.
- (n.) An approach of electing a pope because of the expression of homage from two thirds associated with the conclave.
The divine object of the adoration of the Saktas, then, is Siva's wife - the Devi (goddess), Mahadevi (great goddess), or Jagan-mata (mother of the world) - in one or other of her numerous forms, benign or terrible.