Having a sting covered with prickles sharp like a prickle
- having or resembling a stinger or barb
- Having a sting; covered with prickles; razor-sharp like a prickle.
- Having prickles, or razor-sharp things; beset with prickles.
- extreme or stinging; incisive.
(a.) Having a sting; covered with prickles; sharp like a prickle.
- (a.) Having prickles, or razor-sharp things; beset with prickles.
- (a.) serious or stinging; incisive.
Very commonly different species of aculeate Hymenoptera, inhabiting the same district, form the centres of mimetic attraction for insects of various orders, so that a considerable percentage of the insect-fauna can be arranged in groups according to the pattern of the particular model the species have copied.