the most truly effective or greatest point the culmination
- the best level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
- the best point (of anything)
- the most notable or finest point; the culmination.
- The crisis or level of an illness.
- adult age; complete bloom of life.
"highest point," 1560s, from Greek akme "(highest) point, edge; peak of something," from PIE root *ak- "razor-sharp" (see acrid). Written in Greek letters until c.1620. The U.S. food store chain ended up being established 1891 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(n.) The most notable or finest point; the culmination.
- (n.) The crisis or level of a disease.
- (letter.) Mature age; complete bloom of life.
The whole universe, however, was incomplete, and did not receive its finishing stroke till man was formed, who is the acme of the creation and the microcosm.