The work of attaining or performing an obtaining by exertion successful performance achievement once the success of his object
- the activity of accomplishing some thing
- The act of attaining or carrying out; an obtaining by exertion; successful performance; achievement; since, the achievement of his object.
- an excellent or brave deed; something attained by valor, boldness, or praiseworthy exertion; a feat.
- An escutcheon or ensign armorial; today generally speaking placed on the funeral guard commonly called hatchment.
late 15c., "act of doing" (something), from center French ach
(letter.) The act of achieving or performing; an obtaining by effort; successful performance; success; as, the achievement of their item.
- (n.) A good or heroic deed; one thing achieved by valor, boldness, or praiseworthy effort; a feat.
- (n.) An escutcheon or ensign armorial; today typically applied to the funeral guard generally called hatchment.
The celebrated Regulae of Descartes are precepts directed to the achievement of the new methodological ideal in any and every subject matter, however reluctant.