- Agreeing in arrangement or harmony harmonious
- (accompanied by `to') in agreement with or accordant with
- (followed closely by `to') as reported or claimed by
- of Accord
- Agreeing; in arrangement or equilibrium; unified.
- consequently; correspondingly.
c.1300, "matching, comparable, correponding," current participle adjective and adverb from agreement (v.). Meanings "complying (to), certified, in arrangement; constant, harmonious; ideal, proper" are from belated 14c. In accordance with "referring to," actually "in a manner agreeing with" is attested from mid-15c.
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Accord
- (p. a.) Agreeing; in contract or equilibrium; harmonious.
- (adv.) Consequently; correspondingly.
One of the minor causes of that turbulence is to be found in the struggle between the ancient Slavonic order of inheritance, according to which a Zhupan ought to be succeeded by the oldest member of the family and not necessarily by his own son, and the natural desire of every ruler that his own son should inherit the throne.