- be made to hold or take
- accept as you's own the expenses or debts of some other individual
- admit into an organization or community
- accept willingly one thing offered or supplied
- receive (a written report) formally, as from a committee
- make use of or accept for a few function
- offer an affirmative answer; respond positively to
- react positively to; start thinking about correct and correct
- be intimately responsive to, made use of of a female domesticated mammal
- consider or hold as real
- tolerate or accommodate oneself to
- for with a consenting mind (one thing offered); because, to simply accept a present; -- frequently followed by of.
- to get with favor; to approve.
- to get or admit and agree to; to assent to; because, I take your proposition, amendment, or reason.
- To simply take by the mind; to comprehend; as, How tend to be these terms become accepted?
- for as obligatory and promise to pay; as, to accept a bill of exchange.
- In a deliberate body, to get in acquittance of a task enforced; as, to just accept the report of a committee. [This makes it the property of the human anatomy, additionally the question is after that on its adoption.]
v. for anything with approval and objective maintain it. This use usually occurs in the question of accepting a payment which can be belated or otherwise not total or accepting the "solution" (delivery) of appropriate documents.
late 14c., "to simply take what is supplied," from Old French accepter (14c.) or directly from Latin acceptare "take or enjoy willingly," frequentative of accipere "receive," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + capere "to take" (see able). Associated: Accepted; accepting.
To agree to insure. An insurer allows a risk when an underwriter or representative agrees to insure it, in addition to essential elements of the insurance coverage contract are known and agreed to because of the parties to it. And even though a policy is not granted, after the danger is "accepted," the insurer is obligated to pay for a loss that occurs at the mercy of the terms and conditions of this protection arranged.
(v. t.) To receive with a consenting head (one thing provided); as, to accept something special; -- often followed by of.
- (v. t.) To receive with benefit; to accept.
- (v. t.) For or admit and consent to; to assent to; because, we accept your proposal, amendment, or reason.
- (v. t.) To just take by the mind; to comprehend; since, How tend to be these words to be accepted?
- (v. t.) To receive as obligatory and vow to cover; because, to accept a bill of change.
- (v. t.) In a deliberate human body, to receive in acquittance of a duty enforced; as, to just accept the report of a committee. [This will make it the house regarding the human body, additionally the question is after that on its use.]
- (a.) acknowledged.
This was intolerable to the aristocratic republicans, to whom it seemed becoming that victorious commanders should accept divine honours at the hands of Greeks and Asiatics, but unpardonable that Romans should offer the same worship to a Roman.