alongside with tits in a line as ldquoTwo males could not walk abreastrdquo
- alongside each other, dealing with in identical way
- being up to particular standard or degree especially in being up to date in understanding
- side-by-side, with breasts in a range; because, "Two guys could scarcely go informed."
- side-by-side; additionally, opposing; over against; on a line with all the vessel's ray; -- with of.
- Up to a specific degree or line; equally advanced level; since, to hold up-to-date with [or with] the current condition of research.
- at exactly the same time; simultaneously.
mid-15c., on brest, from a- (1) + breast (n.); the notion is of "with breasts in-line." Maintain informed in figurative sense of "stay up to date" is from 1650s.
(adv.) Hand and hand, with breasts in a line; as, "Two guys could hardly stroll informed."
- (adv.) Hand and hand; in addition, reverse; over against; on a line with all the vessel's ray; -- with of.
- (adv.) As much as a particular amount or line; similarly advanced; since, maintain up-to-date with [or with] the present state of technology.
- (adv.) Simultaneously; simultaneously.
Coming abreast of the caleche he ran beside it.