On fire in a blaze gleaming
- lighted up by or as by fire or flame
- keenly excited (especially intimately) or indicating pleasure
- resembling fire in brilliance or color
- lighted with red-light as though with flames
- burning; in a blaze, gleaming.
- In circumstances of glowing pleasure or ardent desire.
late 14c., from a "on" (see a- (1)) + blaze (n.).
(adv. & a.) unstoppable; in a blaze, gleaming.
- (adv. & a.) In a situation of shining pleasure or ardent desire.
The trees were ablaze in fall color.