To transfer the subject of from to a different to alienate
- To move the name of from one to some other; to alienate.
- To estrange; to withdraw.
- To cause alienation of (brain).
1550s, from Latin abalienatus, past participle of abalienare "to remove, literally "to make alien," from ab- (see ab-) + alienare (see alienate). Related: Abalienated; abalienating.
(v. t.) To transfer the name of from a single to some other; to alienate.
- (v. t.) To estrange; to withdraw.
- (v. t.) To cause alienation of (mind).