assign an area to
- real place in terms of the environment
- the lot by which one thing is found (or is become located)
- a pc connected to the internet that preserves some webpages in the web
- where something is fixed situation regional position due to the fact website of a city or of a residence
- where anything is fixed; situation; regional position; because, your website of a town or of a residence.
- someplace fitted or chosen regarding specific permanent usage or profession; as, a niche site for a church.
- The posture or position of anything.
1. General. The spatial area of a facility, building or structure.2. Internet. The "place" in cyberspace that is the location of a site.3. Law. A domicile, location or controlling jurisdiction of a trust or firm for legal reasons.
"place or position occupied by anything," specifically with reference to environment, late 14c., from Anglo-French site, Old French web site "place, website; position," and directly from Latin situs "somewhere, place, scenario, area, section; idleness, sloth, inactivity; forgetfulness; the consequences of neglect," from past participle of sinere "let, keep alone, allow," from PIE *si-tu-, from root *tkei- "to stay, live, be residence" (see home (n.)).
- "to offer an area to, spot," 1590s, from web site (n.). Relevant: Sited; siting.
Even as a temporary measure, the choice of an extra-Palestinian site for the Jewish state was bitterly opposed by many Zionists; others (with whom Herzl appears to have sympathized) thought that as Palestine was, at all events momentarily, inaccessible, it was expedient to form a settlement elsewhere.