Name Origin: German
Name Gender: Male
masc. correct title, from Old tall German hlud(o)wig, literally "famous in war," from Proto-Germanic *hluda- "heard of, popular" (see noisy) + *wiga "war." Compare Louis.
Louis the little one
- Louis the Blind [Louis III, Holy Roman Emperor]
- Louis the German [king for the East Franks]
- Louis the Pious [Louis we, emperor of this Franks]
- Louis the Stammerer [Louis II of France]
- Louis II the Jumper [1042-1123, Landgrave of Thuringia]
KARL LUDWIG FERNOW (1763-1808), German art-critic and archaeologist, was born in Pomerania on the 19th of November 1763.