The work of eluding or preventing particularly the stress of a quarrel accusation cost or interrogation artful ways eluding
- the deliberate act of failing to spend cash
- a statement that's not literally untrue but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth
- the act of literally escaping from something (an opponent or a pursuer or an embarrassing circumstance) by some adroit maneuver
- nonperformance of some thing distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you're expected to do
- The work of eluding or avoiding, particularly the pressure of an argument, accusation, charge, or interrogation; artful method of eluding.
simple endeavoring setting apart truth or even escape the punishment ofthe legislation. This will never be allowed. If one person claims to a different he will not strikehim, but will provide him a pot of ale to hit first, and, appropriately, the second strikes, thereturning the blow is punishable; and, if person first striking is killed, it's murder,for no guy shall avoid the justice for the legislation by these types of a pretense. 1 Hawk. P. C. 81. Sono one may plead lack of knowledge of the law to evade it. Jacob.
early 15c., from center French
(n.) The work of eluding or preventing, specially the force of a disagreement, accusation, charge, or interrogation; artful ways eluding.
From now on they could practice evasion tactics - and in the next hour she discovered Bordeaux knew a slew of them.