the utilization of cannot hypocrisy
- Speaking in a whining modulation of voice making use of technical or religious terms affectedly affectedly pious as a canting rogue a canting tone
- of Cant
- Speaking in a whining modulation of voice; utilizing technical or religious terms affectedly; affectedly pious; as, a canting rogue; a canting tone.
- the employment of cant; hypocrisy.
permitting the rifle to turn laterally when intending, with all the outcome your sights aren't perfectly vertical whenever chance is fired. (recreation: Shooting - Rifle Shooting)
- a way of modifying skiing shoes and that means you remain flat on your own skis. (recreation: Skiing)
- a technique of adjusting your shoes so you stay level on your own skis. (recreation: Ski Jumping)
On the continent of Europe the practice is common of notching the sleeper so as to give the rail a slight cant inwards - a result obtained in England by canting the rail in the chairs - and metal plates or strips of felt are put under the rail, which is carefully fastened to the sleeper by screwed spikes (fig.