filled with love and great will benevolent kind
- concerning or characterized by charity
- showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity
- packed with love and generosity
- filled with love and good will; benevolent; sort.
- Liberal in judging of other individuals; disposed to appear on most readily useful side, and also to stay away from harsh view.
- Liberal in benefactions to the poor; giving freely; substantial; beneficent.
- Of or regarding charity; springing from, or meant for, charity; relating to almsgiving; eleemosynary; because, a charitable institution.
- Dictated by kindness; positive; lenient.
getting the character or purpose of a charity, (g. v.)
c.1200, in reference to the Christian virtue, from Old French non-profit, from charit
Christian [fig.] [charitable]
Most of the charitable institutions - for instance, the convalescent home, fever hospital, home for girls and Red House home - are situated at Inveresk, about 12 m.