one that features capital a person who has actually money for investment or cash invested esp a person of large home that is employed in business
- of or associated with capitalism or capitalists
- favoring or practicing capitalism
- a conservative supporter of capitalism
- an individual who invests capital in a small business (especially a sizable company)
- person who features money; one who has money for investment, or cash invested; esp. one of big home, which can be utilized running a business.
a person whoever income comes from an investment.
1791, "man of cash," from French capitaliste, a coinage associated with the Revolution and a phrase of reproach; see money (n.1) + -ist. Related: Capitalistic.
At the congress of St-Etienne the difference developed into separation, those who refused all compromise with a capitalist government following Guesde, while the opportunists formed several groups.