a lesbian who's noticeably masculine
- markedly masculine in features or way made use of of men
- utilized of males; markedly masculine in appearance or manner
- (of man or woman homosexuals) described as stereotypically male characteristics or appearance
- (slang) offensive term for a lesbian who's visibly masculine
- a closely cropped haircut; generally for males or young men
Diminutive of Butcher: Butcher.
Name Origin: English
Name Gender: Male
"hard childhood," 1902, very first attested in nickname of U.S. outlaw George Cassidy (1866-?), probably an abbreviation of butcher (n.). Sense of "aggressive lesbian" is 1940s.
No separate room needed, I'll bunk with deceiving Mr. Donald Ryland and make sure that hissy butch doesn't jump his bones or she'll land on me.