A flourish just like a weapon whip etc
- to maneuver or wave as a weapon to improve and relocate different instructions to shake or flourish
- display aggressively
- move or move forward and backward
- the work of waving
- To move or wave, as a weapon; to improve and move around in different guidelines; to shake or grow.
- to relax and play with; to thrive; as, to brandish syllogisms.
- A flourish, much like a weapon, whip, etc.
To wave anything about: to wave one thing about, specially a weapon, in a menacing, theatrical, or victorious method
mid-14c., from Old French brandiss-, current participle stem of brandir "to grow (a sword)" (12c.), from brant "blade of a sword, prow of a ship," of Frankish beginning (see brand name (letter.)). Related: Brandished; brandishing.
(n.) To maneuver or wave, as a weapon; to improve and move around in different directions; to shake or thrive.
- (letter.) To try out with; to thrive; since, to brandish syllogisms.
- (n.) A flourish, just like a weapon, whip, etc.
Suddenly one of the combatants, feeling himself wounded, got off his horse and grabbed the first sword he saw and began to brandish it.