The work or art of managing the bow in playing on stringed devices
- showing an excessively deferential manner
- flexing your head or human anatomy or knee as an indication of reverence or submission or pity or greeting
- handling the bow in playing a stringed instrument
- of Bow
- The work or art of managing the bow in playing on stringed devices.
- In hatmaking, the work or procedure of isolating and distributing the fur or tresses by way of a bow, to organize it for felting.
On entering the dojo or pad area, a judoko should do a standing bow toward the senior teacher. Equally a judoka should bow simultaneously to his or her opponent before and after a randori or shiai. (recreation: Judo)
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bow
- (letter.) The work or art of handling the bow in playing on stringed tools.
- (letter.) In hatmaking, the act or means of dividing and dispersing the fur or locks by means of a bow, to prepare it for felting.
All this we can now perceive to have no relation to history, but at the time it may have made the subjugation of the Roman less bitter to feel that he was not after all bowing down before a race of barbarian upstarts, but that his Amal sovereign was as firmly rooted in classical antiquity as any Julius or Claudius who ever wore the purple.