a big voracious fish Pomatomus saitatrix for the family Carangidaelig appreciated as a food fish and extensively distributed on United states shore regarding nj-new jersey and Rhode Island coast it is called the horse-mackerel in Virginia saltwater tailor or skipjack
- fatty bluish flesh of bluefish
- bluish warm-water marine food and game seafood that follow schools of tiny fishes into low waters
- A large voracious fish (Pomatomus saitatrix), of family Carangidae, valued as a food fish, and extensively distributed regarding the Us coastline. Regarding New Jersey and Rhode Island coast it really is called the horse-mackerel, in Virginia saltwater tailor, or skipjack.
- A West Indian seafood (Platyglossus radiatus), of the family members Labridae.
A fatty, good:textured fish that is also called "bulldog regarding the sea" because of its tenacity. Found in the Atlantic and Gulf coasts. Discard the dark oily strip that operates down its center to avoid a strong, fishy taste.
(n.) A big voracious fish (Pomatomus saitatrix), regarding the household Carangidae, respected as a food fish, and commonly distributed regarding American shore. From the New Jersey and Rhode Island shore it really is known as the horse-mackerel, in Virginia saltwater tailor, or skipjack.
- (n.) A-west Indian seafood (Platyglossus radiatus), of family Labridae.
On the coast, the striped bass, sea-bass, drum, sheepshead, weakfish, bluefish and Spanish mackerel are important as food fishes.