- to inquire of or entreat with urgency to supplicate to implore
- request or request earnestly
- to inquire of or entreat with urgency; to supplicate; to implore.
- Solicitation; supplication.
term used to request something; to implore; or even to seek excitedly.
belated 12c., bisecen "to beseech, beg urgently," from be- + center English secen "to seek" (identify seek). German cognate besuchen is just "to visit." Related: Besought; beseeching.
(v. t.) To ask or entreat with urgency; to supplicate; to implore.
- (letter.) Solicitation; supplication.
I beseech you to make the argument for yourselves.