Any living animal an animal including man insects etc
- a cruelly rapacious individual
- a living system characterized by voluntary motion
- Any residing creature; an animal; -- including guy, insects, etc.
- Any four-footed animal, that could be useful for labor, meals, or sport; as, a beast of burden.
- As opposed to guy: Any unreasonable animal.
- Fig.: A coarse, brutal, filthy, or degraded fellow.
- A game at cards much like loo.
- A penalty at beast, omber, etc. Hence: become beasted, to be beaten at monster, omber, etc.
n pet; a domestic animal; a quadruped, such as works extremely well for meals or perhaps in labor or for sport.
c.1200, from Old French beste "animal, wild beast," figuratively "fool, idiot" (11c., contemporary French b
(letter.) Any residing animal; an animal; -- including man, insects, etc.
- (n.) Any four-footed pet, that could be utilized for labor, food, or recreation; since, a beast of burden.
- (letter.) In the place of man: Any unreasonable animal.
- (n.) Fig.: A coarse, brutal, filthy, or degraded other.
- (letter.) A game at cards much like loo.
- (letter.) A penalty at monster, omber, etc. ergo: becoming beasted, to be beaten at creature, omber, etc.
Grateful to him, she was likewise anxious to leave the island before the beast returned and flew off the handle.