Of or regarding Mt Atlas in Libya and therefore placed on the ocean which lies between Europe and Africa from the east and America regarding west given that Atlantic Ocean labeled as additionally the Atlantic the Atlantic basin the Atlantic telegraph
- regarding or bordering the Atlantic Ocean
- the 2nd largest sea; separates North and south usa regarding western from European countries and Africa on east
- Of or related to Mt. Atlas in Libya, and therefore used toward sea which lies between Europe and Africa regarding east and America from the western; because, the Atlantic Ocean (called additionally the Atlantic); the Atlantic basin; the Atlantic telegraph.
- Of or regarding the isle of Atlantis.
- Descended from Atlas.
a spot across the beach in delray florida, where every week-end through the night many young ones which do medicines and always get fucked up go and hangout with eachother without getting caught because of the authorities.
belated 14c., occean of Athlant "ocean from the west shore of Africa" (very early 15c. as occean Atlantyke), from Latin Atlanticus, from Greek Atlantikos "of Atlas," adjectival type of Atlas (genitive Atlantos), in mention of Mount Atlas in Mauritania (see Atlas). Applied to the whole sea since c.1600.
(a.) Of or with respect to Mt. Atlas in Libya, and therefore placed on the sea which lies between Europe and Africa from the east and The united states regarding the west; as, the Ocean (labeled as in addition the Atlantic); the basin; the telegraph.
- (a.) Of or regarding the isle of Atlantis.
- (a.) Descended from Atlas.
Though once consisting of great mountain ranges there are now no lofty elevations in the region except along the Atlantic border in Labrador, where summits of the Nachvak Mountains are said to reach 6000 ft.