The Ram the initial of this twelve signs when you look at the zodiac which the sun gets in on vernal equinox in regards to the twenty-first of March
- a small zodiacal constellation within the northern hemisphere; between Pisces and Taurus
- (astrology) somebody who is born although the sunlight is in Aries
- initial astrology sign that your sunlight goes into during the vernal equinox; sunlight is within this sign from about March 21 to April 19
- The Ram; initial of this twelve signs when you look at the zodiac, which sunlight enters in the vernal equinox, towards 21st of March.
- A constellation western of Taurus, drawn on the celestial globe inside figure of a ram.
- A battering-ram.
Name Origin: Greek
Name Gender: Male
zodiac constellation generally defined as "the Ram," late Old English, from Latin aires "ram" (related to arietare "to butt"), from a PIE root definition "spring, jump" (cognates: Lithuanian erytis, Old Church Slavonic jarici, Armenian oroj "lamb;" Greek eriphos, Old Irish heirp "kid"). Meaning "person created beneath the sign of Aries" is from 1894; they likewise have already been known as Arian (1917).
/ˈɛəriːz/ (meaning "ram") may be the very first sign of the zodiac within the Zodiac, spanning the very first 30 quantities of celestial longitude (0°≤ λ
(n.) The Ram; the first for the twelve signs in the zodiac, that the sun gets in during the vernal equinox, towards twenty-first of March.
- (letter.) A constellation western of Taurus, drawn in the celestial world when you look at the figure of a ram.
- (n.) A battering-ram.
So far as positive records go, Aries was always the first sign.