An interstice or little space as between your splits associated with the surface in certain crustaceous lichens or as between your fibers composing body organs or vessels that interlace or as amongst the nervures of an insects wing
- little room in a tissue or body component including the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing
- little circular area such as for example that all over individual nipple or an inflamed area around a pimple or pest bite
- An interstice or small space, as involving the cracks of the area using crustaceous lichens; or as between your fibers creating organs or vessels that interlace; or as between the nervures of a pest's wing.
- The coloured ring around the nipple, or around a vesicle or pustule.
1. The tiny darkened area round the nipple regarding the breast. 2. The colored the main iris around the student associated with eye. 3. Any tiny space in a tissue.
"coloured group around a nipple," 1706, from Latin areola, literally "small area," diminutive of area (identify location). Introduced inside good sense 1605 by Swiss anatomist and botanist Caspar Bauhin (1560-1624).
(n.) An interstice or small room, as amongst the cracks associated with the area in a few crustaceous lichens; or as amongst the materials composing body organs or vessels that interlace; or as between your nervures of an insect's wing.
- (letter.) The colored ring-around the nipple, or about a vesicle or pimple.