to develop like an apple to keep oranges
- The fleshy pome or good fresh fruit of a rosaceous tree Pyrus malus cultivated in numberless types within the temperate zones
- local Eurasian tree extensively developed in a lot of varieties for the firm curved edible fresh fruits
- good fresh fruit with red or yellow or green skin and nice to tart sharp whitish skin
- The fleshy pome or fruit of a rosaceous tree (Pyrus malus) developed in numberless types in temperate areas.
- Any tree genus Pyrus that has the stalk sunken in to the base of the good fresh fruit; an apple tree.
- Any fruit or other veggie manufacturing resembling, or expected to look like, the apple; as, apple of love, or love-apple (a tomato), balsam apple, egg apple, oak apple.
- Anything round like an apple; as, an apple of silver.
- To grow like an apple; to bear oranges.
A pome good fresh fruit with typically fast flesh, that may range in taste from sweet to tart. They've a thin peel or epidermis ranging in shade from yellowish to green to purple. Oranges may be eaten raw, cooked, pureed or used for juice.
One of the most symbolic of all fresh fruits, apples have actually held a central invest the practices of several cultures.
Why this term is in the glossary is simply because way too many men and women confuse "Apple" with "Macintosh." Apple is the company that makes Macintosh computer systems -- maybe not others method around. Apple's manufacturer product line includes energy Macs, PowerBooks, iMacs, iBooks, while the popular tough drive-based MP3 player, the iPod. Apple in addition develops most applications, like iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, and iDVD. Observe a pattern right here? Though the majority of Apple's product names today focus on the letter "i", the business has a brief history of imaginative development. Though Apple features significantly less than 10 percent for the marketshare in the computer system business, the business nevertheless manages to lead a in brand-new directions. To learn modern in what's happening at Apple Computer, check out the Apple webpage.
(n.) The fleshy pome or fresh fruit of a rosaceous tree (Pyrus malus) developed in numberless varieties within the temperate zones.
- (n.) Any tree genus Pyrus that has the stalk sunken into the foot of the fruit; an apple tree.
- (letter.) Any fresh fruit or other veggie manufacturing resembling, or likely to resemble, the apple; because, apple of love, or love apple (a tomato), balsam apple, egg apple, oak-apple.
- (n.) Everything round like an apple; because, an apple of silver.
- (v. i.) to develop like an apple; to keep oranges.
The apple of discord, the arrows of Philoctetes, the invulnerability of Achilles, and similar fancies, are the additions of later poets.