just like Anchylosis
- abnormal adhesion and rigidity associated with bones of a shared
- tightness or fixation of a joint; formation of a stiff shared.
- The union of two or more split bones to from a single bone tissue; the close union of bones or any other structures in a variety of creatures.
- just like Anchylosis.
tightness or, more often, fusion of a joint. Through the Greek ankylsis, indicating stiffening of a joint.
stiffening of bones after damage or surgery, alternative (plus etymological) spelling of anchylosis (q.v.).
an ailment where a joint is not able to move, typically because of some type of infection or surgical treatment.
(n.) tightness or fixation of a joint; formation of a stiff joint.
- (n.) The union of several split bones to from just one bone; the close union of bones or any other frameworks in a variety of creatures.
- (n.) identical to Anchylosis.
In Crustacea the fourth or mandibular somite never has less than the two following somites associated with it by the adaptation of their appendages as jaws, and the ankylosis of their terga with that of the prosthomeres.