of or related to the Altaic languages
- a collective term for several related linguistic households such as the Turkic Tungusik and Mongolian languages spoken over an easy location from southeastern Europe and Asia as china while the Pacific
- of or with respect to or written in Altaic
- any member of the individuals speaking a language in the Altaic language team
- a small grouping of associated languages spoken in Asia and southeastern Europe
- Of or pertaining to the Altai, a mountain chain in Central Asia.
1832 as a linguistic family members, from French Alta
(a.) Of or with respect to the Altai, a mountain sequence in Central Asia.
In Asia it occurs on the Caucasus and Ural, and in some parts of the Altaic chain.