Of or related to the Alps or to any lofty mountain as Alpine snows Alpine plants
- relating to or characteristic of alps
- residing or growing over the timber line
- relating to the Alps and their particular inhabitants
- Of or pertaining to the Alps, or even any lofty hill; since, Alpine snows; Alpine plants.
- just like the Alps; lofty.
"of Alps," early 15c., from Latin Alpinus; see Alp. Earlier ended up being Alpish (1590s).
Alpine may refer to:
(a.) Of or regarding the Alps, or to any lofty hill; as, snows; plants.
- (a.) Like Alps; lofty.
Two such folds maybe distinguished, corresponding on a smaller scale to the belt of alpine tracts which fringe the plateau on the north-west.