The famous Enfield cedar was planted by Dr Robert Uvedale, (1642-1722), a noted schoolmaster and horticulturist, between 1662-1670, and an old cedar at Bretby Park in Derbyshire is known to have been planted in 1676.
On the west side of the city is Edgewood Park (120 acres); on the north is Beaver Pond Park (loo acres); and East and West Rocks, mentioned above, have been made into suburban parks.
Its white stone houses form a long curve between the uplands of Salisbury Plain,which sweep away towards the north and east, and the tract of park and meadow land lying south and west.
She half-stumbled, half-ran to the park area before tripping and falling flat.
Asphalt occurs in the high north rim of Middle Park (c. 10,000 ft.).
Overlooking the Monongahela river is Schenley Park (about 422 acres), the first city park, of which about 400 acres were given to the city in 1890 by Mrs. Mary E.
The armoury, in the midst of a park on Armory Hill immediately east of the railway station, was established in 1794.
He died at Hallow Park near Worcester on the 28th of April 1842.
Dane Park (33 acres) was opened in 1898.
The metropolitan water district (1895) included in 1908 Boston and seventeen cities or townships in its environs; the metropolitan sewerage district (1889) twenty four; the park service (1893) thirty-nine.