The Pointed arches rest upon pillars, possibly Norman, and above them, below the Decorated clerestory windows, is a series of semicircular arches with flamboyant tracery, a remarkable feature.
The original triforium is transformed into a clerestory, the original clerestory being lost.
The actual introduction of the pointed arch took place at a much earlier date, as in the nave arcade of the Cistercian Abbey of Buildwas (1140), though the clerestory window above has semicircular arches.
The large church of St Mary, at the top of the steep High Street, has fine clerestory windows, clustered columns and an elaborate carvedoak ceiling of the 15th century; it contains several interesting monuments of the 17th and 18th centuries, some of which commemorate'members of the family of Philipps of Picton Castle.
Wide; two rows of Corinthian columns ran down the middle, and the clerestory roof may have stood 50 ft.
There is no triforium, but a high clerestory with wide two-light windows, with simple tracery like those in the nave-aisles and throughout the church, which give sufficient (if anything too much) light.
The nave is of ornate Norman work, with a massive triforium, surmounted by a Perpendicular clerestory and a beautiful wooden roof.
In the restoration of 1866 some early mural painting was discovered, and a transition Norman clerestory was discovered, remaining above the later nave.
Over the south transept aisle, which was the chapel of St Bridget, is the clerestory passage, which ran all round the church.