Distant by the Caledonian railway, from both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
High Blantyre and Blantyre Works are connected with Glasgow by the Caledonian railway.
At Copenhagen Fields, now covered by the great cattle market (1855) adjoining Caledonian Road, a great meeting of labourers was held in 1834.
Of Inverness, on the rivers Oich and Tarff and the Caledonian Canal.
West of Montrose, and has a station on the loop line of the Caledonian railway from Forfar to Bridge of Dun.
In 1846 its proprietors bought the Monkland canal, and in 1867 the combined undertaking passed into the hands of the Caledonian Railway Company.
As the Caledonian Canal) was proclaimed as a prohibited area.
Of Stirling by the Caledonian railway, and now has thriving manufactures of woollens (chiefly tweeds, carpets and tartans) and leather, though at the beginning of the 19th century it was only a village.
As viewed from Banavie on the Caledonian Canal, it has the appearance of two great masses, one higher than the other, and though its bulk is impressive, its outline is much less striking than that of many other Highland hills.
It has stations on the North British and Caledonian railways, and a branch line (N.B.R.) to Portobello.