To the best liquid to deplete to take in easily or jovially
- a sizable draught of liquor
- To drink profoundly or freely in go with to be a part of a carousal to take part in drunken revels
- take part in boisterous, drunken merrymaking
- revelry in ingesting; a merry consuming party
- a big draught of liquor.
- A drinking match; a carousal.
- To take in deeply or freely in praise; to take part in a carousal; to engage in drunken revels.
- To the best liquid; to empty; to drink freely or jovially.
1550s, from center French carousser "drink, quaff, swill," from German gar aus "quite away," from gar austrinken; trink garaus "to the best liquid totally." Usually also as an adverb at the beginning of English usage (to drink carouse).