The act of 1 who calls a sobbing aloud esp in order to summon or even attact the interest of someone
- the career that you can tend to be trained
- of Call
- The work of one whom calls; a sobbing aloud, esp. so that you can summon, or even to attact the interest of, some body.
- A summoning or convocation, since Parliament.
- A divine summons or invite; in addition, hawaii of being divinely labeled as.
- A naming, or welcoming; a reading over or reciting in purchase, or a telephone call of names with a view to acquiring a response, such as legislative systems.
- an individual's usual profession, or work; vocation; business; trade.
- The people, collectively, involved with any specific professions or work.
- Title; appellation; title.
"vocation," mid-13c., spoken noun from call (v.). The feeling traces to we Cor. vii:20.
Previous to the creation of the republic, the coastwise service was performed by two national companies (now united), and partially by foreign lines calling at two or more ports.