A circular framework on which cadgers carry hawks obtainable
- obtain or seek to get by cadging or wheedling
- ask for and get free; be a parasite
- To carry, as a burden.
- To hawk or peddle, as seafood, poultry, etc.
- To intrude or go on another meanly; to beg.
- A circular frame on which cadgers carry hawks on the market.
"to beg" (1812), "for by begging" (1848), of unsure beginning, maybe a back-formation from cadger "itinerant dealer with a pack-horse," mid-15c., that is maybe from very early 14c. cadge "to fasten, to connect," which is of unknown origin.